Our Corporate Alien World
by George V. Lunt
Just exactly how has this world become a Corporate Alien World? I define Corporate Aliens as the people who run governments and large corporations. They are driven by greed and power, and will stop at nothing until they gain total control over the ordinary working people inhabiting our world. Although my reference point is the United States, a lot of the issues I'll be mentioning are occurring throughout the world. Here is how Corporate Aliens influence our modern world:
- Education. Entertainment replaces learning in most schools. Curriculum is dumbed down to make students happy. Teachers inflate the self-esteem of students to get good ratings on their evaluations. Courses indoctrinate students in such things as environmental extremism, political correctness, sex education, and diversity training.
- Financial. Corporate Alien bankers invented credit to make working class individuals appear to be rich. They know that ordinary working people can't afford fancy cars or big screen TVs. Because of credit, people buy things they don't need, at prices they can't afford, and forever work for corporate aliens to pay off their interest-inflated, never-ending debts.
- Food. Most of our meat comes from factory farms. These are nothing more than animal concentration camps, where animals are tortured from the day they're born to produce our hamburgers and chicken nuggets. — Family farms, which served us well by providing our food for centuries, have all but disappeared. Corporate Aliens want to put the remaining family farms out business. — Crops are being genetically modified to enhance certain characteristics that ultimately improve their production yield. With limited testing, some of these crops are appearing in stores with our regular produce without our knowledge.
- Freedom. Governments are creating more and more useless laws to limit our freedom. Soon many of our democratic freedoms, that we've enjoyed for as long as we can remember, will be just a memory.
- Medicine. Doctors are becoming the agents of big corporate drug companies, compromising their Hippocratic oath as well as our health care. — Kids are being addicted to prescription medications that curb their natural energies. Adults are being addicted to anti-depressant prescription drugs. — In the future, drug companies are lobbying for laws to ban vitamins and alternative medicines, so that only drugs patented by Corporate Aliens will be legal.
- Politicians. Politicians, besides being overpaid, are in league with Corporate Alien interests. Instead of making laws for the people, they favor the interests of the Corporate Aliens with the most money and power. There is no point in voting anymore, all we get is more greed and corruption.
- Propaganda. Corporate Aliens own most of the media companies. The news is always broadcast in the realm of "political correctness," and following Corporate Alien directives. The truth is always spun to favor Corporate Aliens and not reality. — Internet Social Networks like Facebook and Twitter are encouraged to keep the populace gossiping and asleep to what is really happening around them.
- Security and Surveillance. Security Cameras are everywhere. — The Government is asking us to spy on each other. — At airports, train stations, and government buildings metal detectors, body scanners, and security police conduct annoying searches for weapons and explosives. — Plans are being finalized for a national id card containing personal information, making it easier to find dissident individuals.
- Technology. Wireless technology is being pushed everywhere despite the fact that it could be hazardous to our health. Cell towers are sprouting up like weeds making the air we breathe polluted with electromagnetic smog. Corporate Aliens want to make sure that their propaganda is not only seen in the home on TVs and computers, but can be viewed on smart cell phones as well. — RFID devices are being used for everything. They are included in passports, and soon will be part of the National ID System. They won't stop there. They'll wind up as implants in our bodies to keep closer watch on our activities. — Cars are being developed that will report on whether a driver is violating the speed limit, is driving too aggressively, or forgot to put on a seat belt. Practically every time we drive, we'll be required to pay tribute to our Corporate Alien masters in the form of traffic violation fees.
- Wars. The United States is currently engaged in two questionable wars, Iraq and Afghanistan. The Corporate Alien arms' merchants are profiting considerably while ordinary people are dying.
Volumes have to be written that cover all the evils against humanity perpetrated by Corporate Aliens. Ayn Rand, a past advocate of individuality and common sense, wrote in her novella Anthem:
At first, man was enslaved by the gods. But he broke their chains. Then he was enslaved by the kings. But he broke their chains. He was enslaved by his birth, by his kin, by his race. But he broke their chains.
Now we are being enslaved by bureaucrats that I call Corporate Aliens
. Will we break their chains? Only time will tell.
George V. Lunt is someone who feels the world is getting too corporate. His writings relate to the individual's struggle with big government and big corporations. His website is http://www.corporate-aliens.com.